Context: Italian company located in Lombardy, company produces machines for water purification >3 million Euros, number of employees > 10.
- Presence of experts in the field with ten-year experience who decide to start their own company together with a group leader with a portfolio of contacts without an appointed manager acting as General Manager.
- Necessity to choose an Asian partner where to move part of the production.
- Necessity to follow all the phases of the business constitution from the selection of the production site and its equipping based on the company’s needs.
- Establishment of bank relationships.
- Establishment of relationships with suppliers.
- Coordination and direction of the people in charge of the company’s roles.
- Lack of management control.
- Need to include a new line to recover financial means of over 2 Mln €.
- Presence in the company of a Temporary manager acting as General Manager for a period of 18/24 months.
- Study and draft of the company’s budget, divided into sales, purchase of raw materials, personnel costs, investment budgets.
- Support to the Client in outlining, developing and managing the specific activities necessary when starting-up a company.
- For the production area:
- Selecting the production site.
- Equipping the site according to the company’s necessities
- Training activities for all personnel.
- Training activities for operators.
- For the purchasing area:
- First contact with suppliers.
- Negotiation of the best purchasing conditions.
- Digitization of procedures and reduction of paper consumption and paper archives to a minimum.
- For the IT – Information Technology area:
- Inclusion of a management program and implementation of integration procedures of the Supply Chain
- Creation of a website.
- Insertion of CMR for the customers’ management.
- For the sales area:
- Support to the sales manager.
- Assessment of the achievement of the target results.
- Constant assessment of the commercial initiatives.
- For the General Management:
- Implementation of the control procedures of customers’ marginality
- Reporting with the group leader.
- Organization and coordination of both internal and external collaborators.
- Definition of the most suitable objectives that will define the bonuses for managers and production personnel.
- Production activity was started.
- Definition of budget and of a three-year plan.
- Definition of the organization and coordination of the meetings for budget revision, budget revision process and preparation of the revised budgets with relative synthetic comments.
- Creation of management control.
- Definition of the reporting activity with the group leader.
- Selection and definition of the most suitable objectives that will define the bonuses for managers and production personnel.
- Achievement of the revenue of 3 mln € in two years.
- Achievement of the positive gross operative margin in 18 months making it possible to close the second fiscal year at break-even.
- Establishment of bank relationships with a line of credit limit up to 800,000 €.
- Obtainment of a non-refundable grant of 0.3 Mln €.